2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Make plans now to enjoy the fellowship and fun planned for MRCS Family Day at Camp Grace! Canoeing, swimming, paddle-boating, fishing, horseback riding, inflatables, disc golf, volleyball, lawn games, snacks, and dinner are all part of this remarkable event. All of our students and their immediate family members are invited. Those parents who can’t take off for the whole day are welcome to join us when they leave work.
Every person planning to attend (EVERY PHYSICAL BODY) must complete a Camp Grace release form. Click HERE to print the release form; be sure to print, complete, & bring BOTH pages, for EVERY family member, regardless of age, to the Family Day event.
This year, every family will go to this link: MRCS Camp Grace Food Sign Up Page
to select which items you will be bringing to the the event. Each family attending the event is required to bring 2-3 items from the list. With everyone pitching in, we can continue to have this fantastic day of fun, food, and fellowship.
The item selection via the sign-up page is easy. Click the item you want to bring, complete your contact information, and press enter. The process is complete. The process is repeated for each item, at least 2-3 per family.
Additional event information:
- Family Day at Camp Grace is for families and students registered at MRCS only.
- Fishing poles and bait are provided, though you may bring your own if you wish.
- We will have inflatables for the younger children to enjoy, but we need your help to keep them safe! All children must be supervised by their own parents while using the inflatables. We want to make sure that everyone remains safe, especially when children of varying ages are using the equipment. With everyone doing their part, our children can have a great time!
- This year, the meal will be grilled hot dogs, baked beans, chips, and dessert. Please understand due to the quantity of people served, we cannot accommodate dietary restrictions for health or religious reasons. Please be sure to provide a bagged supper for yourselves and your children if the menu doesn’t suit your needs.
- Due to overall cost increases, there is a $5.00 per horseback ride. This includes both the arena rides and the trail rides.
- If you register for horseback riding, you will pay for the ride(s) upon check-in at Camp Grace. Once paid, you will receive a ticket for your time slot and ride.
- If you register for horseback riding, please plan to arrive at the stables 15 minutes before your child’s scheduled time to receive details and instructions from the guides. REMEMBER horseback riding requires CLOSED-TOE SHOES and a ticket.
- Horseback riding times are open and listed on the calendar. You can also register by clicking HERE.
- Swimming is open this year. Remember to bring sunscreen, a towel, and a change of clothes for later activities.
- The deadline to register is Sunday, October 1, at 5 pm.
- Remember: all family members are required to turn in a completed Camp Grace waiver.
- Entrance to the event, and the rides, will not be allowed until a form is received.
- A wristband will be put on each person, once the waiver has been received by MRCS.
- Keep the wristband on at all times while at the event.
- Participation in activities will not be allowed if a person is not wearing a wristband.
Upon arrival at Camp Grace, proceed through the gate and down the drive. Near the far end of the drive on the left, there will be an opening in the white fence. Pull through that opening and park in the field.
All other travel at the camp will be on foot. First, walk to the dining area, located near the lake, to turn in a Camp Grace release form for each member of your family attending the event, and drop off food and drink items. If you have scheduled a time for your child to ride horses, either in the arena or on a trail ride, you will also pay for your ride(s), and pick up a horseback riding ticket.
Camp Grace Address: 11081 Wanda Drive. Mobile, AL 36608
FROM MOBILE AIRPORT TO ELIZA JORDAN ROAD:
From Mobile Airport on Airport Boulevard, go approximately 3.3 miles to Eliza Jordan Road. Turn right and go 1.2 miles. Turn left on Elnina. (Sign says Bevis Estates) The road will turn into a dirt road. Go approximately .2 miles. Turn left onto the property through the Camp Grace gate.
FROM OLD SHELL ROAD TO ELIZA JORDAN ROAD:
Old Shell Road will curve into Tanner Williams Road. Turn left onto Tanner Williams Road. You will go past Snow Road and turn left onto Eliza Jordan Road. Go 1.9 miles and turn right onto Elnina. (Sign says Bevis Estates) The road will turn into a dirt road. Go approximately .2 miles. Turn left onto the property through the Camp Grace gate.
RSVP are closed for this event.