February Faculty Meeting: Please see the News Letter or our Facebook page for the date and time
Join us at our upcoming faculty meeting where you will enjoy hearing from some of our veteran homeschool teachers. Speakers will include librarian Myra McCown and Barbara Burkhardt, who will graduate her third and last son this year. Come listen to them share some of what they’ve learned along the way and, perhaps, what they wish they had known at the beginning!
Also, Martha Benton will share
1. The importance of testing and how it can help you as a homeschool parent
2. Various tests and understanding scores
3. Core standards and how they affect the tests
4. Preparing for tests: myths and facts
5. Importance of curriculum selection and follow-thru; developing good habits at home
6. Select the appropriate test when given a choice; extra testing, testing for learning disabled students.
Remember to bring a finger food to share and your box tops. The school library will also be open.
Mothers with Seniors: Retta Franklin, high school counselor, will meet with the graduating senior moms shortly after the Faculty Meeting to hand out graduation robes and to go over a few details pertaining to graduation.
Mothers with Kindergarten Graduates: Stacey Farni, Kindergarten Graduation Coordinator, will meet with moms of kindergartners at 5:30 pm in the Family Center, just prior to the Faculty Meeting. The ceremony requires at least two participants and will be scheduled in the Family Center at Moffett Road Assembly on Friday evening, May 20, at 5 pm. A fee of $35 covers the purchase of a white robe, hat, diploma, and reception for the graduates and families. PLEASE email Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to participate and she will meet with to plan the kindergarten graduation.
Junior Mothers: ALL Junior Moms are asked to meet with Stacey Farni briefly following the Faculty Meeting to begin planning for the Graduation Reception.