Mandatory Kick Off: Monday, August 25th, 3 – 5pm Space is limited to 10 members.
- Participation commitment for the FULL year is required.
- Students will be writing 1,200 word speeches and will be required to present and defend those speeches. They will NOT be required to memorize any speeches.
- Students meet twice monthly for 3 hours each meeting.
- Students in grades 9-12 will learn the Lincoln-Douglas debate format and argumentation skills. Most of the research and speech writing is done on the student’s own time.
- Students debate in teams during first semester using the Lincoln-Douglas debate format, and as individuals for argumentation exercises during second semester.
- Purchase of An Introduction to Policy Debate by Christy L. Shipe (www.store.hslda.org/debate-c4.aspx OR USED on eBay/amazon).
- Annual dues: $25, checks made to Peaches Fink – write Debate Club on the “for” line.
Peaches Fink, firstname.lastname@example.org