Eligibility and requirements:
1) Applicant has never attended the week-long TeenPact event and is a member of MRCS.
2) Student meets TeenPact eligibility requirements.
3) Student will submit a copy of the completed homework packet to the Board of MRCS prior to the date of the event.
4) For students who will be between the ages of 13 and 19 at the time of the event.
5) Student will submit a one page essay of no more than 1,000 words to MRCS on “Why Christians should
be involved in Politics” no later than October 2. The essay will have a cover page that includes the name
of the student, a parent’s name, age, a current mailing address, and a contact number that can be used
for the purpose of notifying the applicant if they are chosen to receive the award.
Specifics of the Scholarship:
This scholarship covers the Event, Housing, and the Political Communication Workshop, February 22-26, 2016. Transportation to and from the event is not covered. It is expected that the winning applicant will attend all the events and complete the homework assignment as described on the TeenPact website.
The applicant will be notified of their award by October 16 to allow time to complete the necessary forms on the TeenPact website.
The student is expected to submit a one page synopsis of the event, within 10 days of returning, to the MRCS director for the purpose of publishing on the school websites.