February Field Trips
♥♥♥All ages are welcome to these events. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Field Trip Coordinator: Michele Landrum via email at email@example.com. Ideas and advice for field trips are always welcome. Thanks!
Date: Friday, February 7th
Time: 10:30 am – 12 pm
Location: Daphne, AL
Cost: Children: $7 (includes 5” pizza & drink)
Adults: Varies according to order
Registration: Via email to coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, payment day of tour (cash/card)
Deadline to register: Day of tour
This yummy tour begins with a look at the kitchen & ovens while learning all about how pizza is prepared. Next, each child will be able to make & enjoy eating their own pizza. Parents can order off the menu for lunch.
Discover Columbus’ Ships
Date: Wednesday, February 12th
Location: Perdido Key, FL – The Oyster Bar Restaurant & Marina
Cost: $5 pp, ages 2 & up
Registration: Via email to coordinator: email@example.com, payment day of tour via CASH
Deadline to register: Day of tourDuring the tour you will learn what life was like aboard a ship in the 15th century, about Columbus’s many voyages, the mechanics of the ship, life aboard today, and much more.
Mobile Carnival Museum
Date: Friday, February 14th
Time: 9:30 –10:30 am
Location: Mobile, AL
Cost: $2 pp, ages 3 & up
Registration: Via MRCS Registration Form @
Deadline to register: Friday, February 7th
This tour “highlights the history of Mardi Gras in its true birthplace – Mobile, Alabama.”
- Immerse yourself in the rich history and traditions of carnival.
- See firsthand the intricate designs and artistry of majestic crowns, scepters, and robes of Mardi Gras monarchs.
- Discover the art of costume design and float construction.
- Browse a pictorial gallery of historical photographs dating back to 1886.
- Experience a behind the mask view of the street party by climbing aboard a rocking float.
- Become a costumed youth rider in the Little Mystics Den.
Infinity & Stennis Space Centers
Date: Friday, February 28th
Time: 11 am – 2 pm
Location: MS/LA line @ 1-10
Cost: $5 pp, ages 4 & up
Registration: Via MRCS Registation Form
Only include payment for each person attending the trip. Payment for the optional Flight Simulator will be made by you, directly to Space Center via cash or credit card.
Deadline to register: Friday, Febraury 21st
This fantastic trip involves the 72,000 sq. ft INFINITY building in which we will “enter a world where discovery truly is endless.” Some of the things to enjoy are:
- Outdoor exhibits such as the colossal F-1 rocket engine, a tsunami buoy, and a U.S. Navy riverine training boat
- Looking at the stars in the Space Gallery
- A real rocket engine test
- Exploring life aboard the International Space Station
- A mesmerizing journey at Science on a Sphere by exploring the tracks of hurricanes, the surface of the sun or Mars, and more
- A free, guided, behind-the-scenes bus tour of Stennis Space Center
For an additional $4: Omega Flight Simulator: “High-Tech Thrill Ride”
The ‘ISC – OMEGA Flight Simulator’ is 6.5 feet high, 9.5 feet wide and 25 feet long, holding up to 15 passengers and offering an HD big screen experience. This high-tech thrill ride is supported by 6 degrees of motion which is the same technology used for training professional pilots.